Thursday, May 14, 2009

Reconstruction Era Journal


So this is what I've been working on this week. It is a new journal that I made using Juliana Coles' Reconstruction Era Booklet. It's a great project. The book essentially gets "gutted" and all new pages get inserted. I made several oversized collages, using bits of all sorts of things. Full of things I liked, and things I didn't, to give the book variety and complexity. Then the collages get cut down and inserted as journal pages. I loved making it so much, that I am ready to make another one. Even bigger! The next step is to use the book, working on top of the random imagery, filling it with artwork and journalling assignments. You can check Juliana's etsy site here to learn how to make your own.



4 comments:

  1. Jessie! My fellow pirate! How great to see you started this blog!

    Your Reconstruction Era Journal looks so beautiful and intriguing and it just pulls one in. I can't wait to see some of the journal pages inside as they are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lou Ann! This was so much fun to make. The outcome was unexpected and surprising. I am not quite ready to work in this book yet, but I will post some current journal pages from the book I've been working in lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again I just wanted to let you know that Jane Wynn still has some openings in her class at The Artist Nook. I believe its June 4,5, and 6th.I took a class with her in February and had a good time and learned lots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool to hear from you. great you started a blog is great love your art. are you on facebook too? we will keep in touch great

    ReplyDelete