Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Downtown Loveland, CO


I spent the afternoon recently on Fourth Street in old downtown Loveland, CO. It's just minutes away, and I can't believe this was my first trip. It's filled with all the charm of a quaint old town, but with new funky shops and restaurants. The show stopper was of course, Merchant Voyage. I nearly squealed with delight as soon as I set foot inside. A mixture of old and new things, nests, eggs, vintage flash cards, it is not to be missed! I left with two wire nests filled with faux bird eggs. Stopped in for lunch at Cipoletti's Italian Restaurant, and it was like stepping back in time. Through the revolving doors, past the wood bar, jazz, great food, and I was back in another time.

2 comments:

  1. Is Loveland also the place that has several antique places on the outskirts of town? If it is I have been there at least 2 or 3 times. You are about the closest person I know of to the Artists Nook store. Have you ever taken classes there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveland is just south of Fort Collins and NE of Boulder. I haven't been to many antique stores in that area, but I am sure there are plenty. I haven't been to the Artist's Nook yet, but I am hoping to take some classes there this summer. There seems to be a great lineup of teachers.

    ReplyDelete