Friday, June 5, 2009

June gloom


This was a bit of a funny week, full of a lot of emotional ups and downs. I met up with my pirate sister Falcon LaGrange at the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse. We spent hours talking, drinking tea, and pouring over each other's journals. What a shot in the arm. But afterwards I felt blue, seeing her go. I shared something with all my pirate sisters which is hard to let go of, and just seeing Lou Ann's face, hearing her voice, and looking at her journals took me back to a very special place. 
This week was grey and gloomy, so I cheered myself up by photographing this lonely looking carnival. An odd, but strangely comforting place to go when feeling a bit gloomy myself. But there was an abandoned sense of wonder in this place, and it was fun to explore. It was just the inspiration I needed to start a project that's been on my mind. It's not ready, but I will show it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment