Friday, December 5, 2014

More Birthday fun!

Here is a little bit of what made my birthday so special this year! Lots of love and handmade goodness! The jewelry in the photos was all handmade by my mom, what beautiful gifts! Chad and I had a little fun painting pottery and then headed to Dushanbe teahouse for high tea! It was such a treat to be waited on with tea and champagne and a tower of savories and sweets! If you are local and have never tried it, I highly recommend it.

I recently came across this article, and when I read it my whole body responded with a resounding "yes"! My little world has begun feeling overwhelmed the last few years with too much stuff, unfinished projects and a desire for more ease. I often paint the words, "do more with less", but it's a hard mantra to follow. Reading this gives me a new framework for my life. "What would you do if your life was a blank slate? If it were an empty container with limited space, what would you put in it?" Something to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment