Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A series of pages

These are two recent journal spreads that I wanted to share with you. They are personal and even painful pages for me. The top spread was created after dealing with months of neck pain due to some seemingly unrelated health issues. After feeling better for a little while, I relapsed and the pain began to get worse. After months of feeling physically limited and emotionally worn out from it all, this page was created. It holds my pain and grief, and is a necessary part of my journal work. All of this was present during my Artfest preparations. The next page was created shortly after the first, when the cloud of pain finally started to lift. New supplements got me back on track, I was as ready as I could be to vend at Artfest, and eager to spend time with my artist friends there. Thank you to Chad, my Mom, my Brethren and all those who supported me during a very physically and spiritually taxing time. I'm still working on the root issue and doing my best to become healthier and strong.


2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how such beautiful pages can come out of an experience of such intense pain. These spreads are beautiful and amazing! I'm sorry you had to endure the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully beautiful pages. I'm sorry for your pain, I hope you can get better and stay better.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete